Why Nutrition Coaches Do What We Do
A Weight Loss Client Success Story
This post is an example of my “why”, when I say I want to give my clients the gift of freedom – freedom to live a healthy life and to do the things that make you happy.
As a Precision Nutrition Coach, (PN) I have been trained to ask why, and to ask why again, again, and again, (5 times in fact) as that is how long it often takes for people to get to the bottom line of “why” they want to achieve their goal.
A fellow PN coach just shared a story about a new client who has been on her body transformation journey since December 1st, 2009. It truly broke my heart and then made me smile!
She had created a list of all things she was unable to do in a body that weighed 363 lbs. and crossed off her list as she lost weight and achieved each one of them over the years. She is presently down to 176 lbs. and will be continuing her journey through a fellow Precision Nutrition Coach.
I want to give “you,” my clients, the gift of freedom that comes from healthy choices. Below is a list of what this women’s freedom looks like, and today she is well on her way to achieving every one of her goals.
What I would like to say is that your list of “why’s”, is “why” I choose to help you through Precision Nutrition Coaching, because this is what healthy choices gives you, FREEDOM!
Here is her list of “why’s,” all 40 of them!
- Run with my kids
- Ride bikes with the family
- Water ski, (again)
- Snow ski, (again)
- Fit into an airplane seat and fasten seatbelt
- Have fun shopping for clothes
- Shop in the normal size clothing section
- Wear swim suit and be comfortable in public
- Go to the doctor without dread, fear and shame
- Run 5K and maybe even 10k one day
- Climb Telegraph Pass
- Go to Beach/river/pool and feel free without needing to hide
- Go to Disneyland and ride every ride with my kids
- Watch G man play golf and carry his bags (husband)
- Lead by example for our kids, family, my coworkers, friends
- Be healthy and have the labs to prove it
- Be free to say yes or no based upon my whim in the moment, but never again because I physically can’t do something
- Live to one day meet my grandkids and their kids
- Travel comfortably
- Go to gym
- Be athletic
- Be active
- Wake up with energy
- Look good naked
- Fit into chairs at office
- Walk upstairs and not be out of breath
- Move freely without any pain
- Never ever again hear the “you are a fat ass” lecture from any doc
- Reduce health risks
- Get regular check ups
- Live to see our 69 and 70-year anniversary
- Go zip lining
- Swim with dolphins in Hawaii
- Do mud run
- Be able to run if necessary on scene (job related)
- Take kids to water parks and on crazy adventures
- Skydive (not sure I’d want to but don’t want to be left out cause I can’t)
- Have more endurance and stamina
- Look at myself in the mirror and love who is looking back at me
Does this list resonate with you? Hopefully this story helps inspire you to create your own “why” list. If so, let’s chat about taking steps to improve and transform and help you find your freedom!