Everyone has different opinions on meatloaf and this is truly the only one I will eat. What I love about this recipe is that it has a nice balance of herbs for flavor, oats for healthy carbs, turkey as a lean protein and it can be doubled and frozen.
This was a staple for years when my now college age son played sports and we all needed to be fed ASAP. Add a baked potato for extra carbs if needed, a fresh steamed vegetable and fruit for desert and you can have dinner ready in minutes. This is GREAT for meal planning!
2 lbs. ground turkey breast
1 cup quick whole rolled oats
½ cup all-natural ketchup
14 cup chopped parsley
¼ cup, (1 oz.) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tbs. dried oregano
3 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbs. Low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
Ketchup for topping
All-Natural Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. (Easiest if you combine/mix with your hands)
- Place turkey mixture in a 9×5 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray
- Top with 3 tbs. ketchup
- Bake about 45 minutes and cover with foil
- Continue baking for 20-30 minutes
- Use a MEAT THERMOMETER to determine doneness, 165 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing
- Slice and wrap individually and store in fridge or freezer