These Skinny Chicken Fajitas from Skinnytaste.com are moist, flavorful and far healthier than any restaurant style fajitas. Get you Mexican fix at home and enjoy!
Total Time: 50 Minutes
16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into strips
3 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch ancho or Mexican chili powder, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
8 whole wheat flour tortillas (or corn tortillas for gf)
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Sour cream (optional)
- Mix the Lime Juice and olive oil with the Chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin
- Marinate the chicken in lime juice mixture,
- Add vegetables to chicken mixture
- Use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat and add chicken and vegetable mixture and cook for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings or place over a salad
- Don’t forget the guac!